Section Leaders Fall 2020
Layne Klose: Pit
Shane Smith: Snare
Riley Gesell: Tenors
Matthew Swanson: Cymbals
Participants will be using Zoom, Google Docs, and a polling app called Menti.
It is best to use the Zoom app and Google Docs on your computer, and use a phone or other device for
Information about using Zoom:
• The virtual platform will be Zoom.
• Downloaded the app at
• For help downloading the app:
• Please be sure the Zoom app is the latest version.
• If you already have the Zoom app, please log in early and make sure you have approved all
updates. From the app menu, select “Check for updates.”
You will need access to your handout. The handout can be accessed through Google Docs. Instructions for
copying the handout to your own Google drive is provided in the handout link. You may also want a
notebook for note taking.
• Handout link:
• Along with Zoom on your computer, you will want your phone or tablet to respond to poll
• To prepare for this, pull up the site on your phone or tablet browser in advance.
• You will be invited to scan a QR code or enter a numerical code that Alan will provide.
Other best practices:
• Download and install the Zoom app in advance.
• Sign in ten minutes early to ensure technology is working.
• Ensure your microphone, speakers, and camera are working.
• Check the preferences of the Zoom application to ensure that your preferred microphone, camera,
and speakers are the same as the ones that Zoom is using.
• Close all other applications and ask other internet users in your home to limit their usage during
• The workshop will run from 9AM – 4:30PM.
• We will break for lunch at 12:00PM and resume at 1:30PM.
• Have your phone or tablet available for polling questions.
• From 1:30-2:00, there will be an optional segment focused on change in director or staff. If that
doesn’t affect you, you might still be interested, or have students who are interested, in the Group
Dynamic approach to handling that change.
• Have students arrive between 8:45AM – 8:55AM to ensure the technology is working.
Please make sure your students know whether they need to attend the 1:30PM session. Please contact
Alan if you have any questions.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 836 6245 2029